Your BBB|Northwest Florida reports a record-breaking year in 2013!
Last year, your BBB:
- Processed 2,881 complaints in an attempt to resolve disputes between businesses and consumers.
- Responded to 624,144 inquiries, including requests for BBB Reliability Reports on specific businesses, requests for rosters of BBB Accredited Businesses by industry, processing eQuote requests for consumers looking for information from BBB Accredited Businesses and more.
- Drove traffic to BBB Accredited Business’ websites an additional 18,673 times, helping consumers find businesses they could trust. As BBB Accredited Business owner Eddie Hill, Award Masters, Inc. says, “Just the value in having an inbound link to my website from the high authority BBB website is more than worth the annual cost of Accreditation!”
- Opened 21 advertising review cases where local advertising did not adhere to BBB’s Code of Advertising or when businesses were falsely claiming BBB Accreditation.
- Provided 158,058 consumers a list of trustworthy local BBB Accredited Businesses by industry.
Click here to see BBB|Northwest Florida's full annual report.
Locally, the Better Business Bureau of Northwest Florida, Inc. was established in 1985 with a four-county territory. Today, your BBB serving Northwest Florida covers 14 panhandle counties, with an office in Pensacola.
Your BBB|Northwest Florida serves Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Wakulla, Walton and Washington counties and is supported by over 1,500 community businesses that voluntarily agree to abide by our standards for trust.
Your BBB|Northwest Florida is governed by a 20-member Board of Directors
Your BBB is entitled to use the BBB name and logo through its membership with the U.S. Council of Better Business Bureaus located in Arlington, Va.