Your BBB Foundation of Northwest Florida is a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation formed to allow your BBB to provide community education and recognition programs. Your BBB Foundation supports BBB's vision of an ethical marketplace, where buyers and sellers can trust each other.Community Education
Through printed publications, outreach to media outlets, presentations to community groups and other outreach methods, your BBB Foundation seeks to educate businesses and consumers in Northwest Florida to make wise decisions.
Presentations last anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour and may be followed by questions and answers. There is no cost for presentations, although we do request one month's notification to prepare. Some commonly requested presentations include:
- Your BBB: Who We Are and What We Can Do For You: Designed to educate consumers and businesses on our mission, vision, programs and services.
- Protecting Yourself From Identity Theft: Promotes awareness and prevention of identity theft and provides information on how to resolve identity theft issues.
- Scams Against Seniors: Helps seniors gain awareness of common scams often targeting seniors.
- Protecting Your Business From Fraud: Consumers aren't the only targets for scammers. Provides information on common business scams and how to prevent being a victim.
- Military Line: Our Military Line program includes a number of workshops including How to buy a home, Smart Consumer, Deals for wheels - buying a car, Planning for retirement, and Scams, schemes and ID theft targeting service members
- Introduction to Financial Literacy: What are your financial goals? Do you know how to get there? This introductory-level workshop covers budgeting, banking, credit, and predatory lending.
Other presentations available upon request.
To request a free educational presentation for your organization, club or group, please e-mail Danielle Rudd
, Communications Director or call 800.729.9226. Recognition
The annual Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and Student Ethics Scholarship program highlights businesses, charities and students who exemplify ethics and integrity. The Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics was created to publicly recognize businesses and charities that maintain a solid commitment to conducting their business practices in an ethical fashion.
The Student Ethics Scholarship recognizes college-bound students who personify high ethics as demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity and academic history. Nine, $1,000 scholarships will be awarded on behalf of the scholarship recipients to an accredited college or university.
Your BBB Foundation looks to individual donors and organizations to sustain funding for its community education and recognition programs.
For a copy of our 2012 Annual Report, click here.
For a copy of our 2011 IRS 990, click here.
Your BBB Foundation Trustees:
Lori Clause, Studer GroupVice Chair:
Gary Barnes, Walmart (Creighton Rd.)Treasurer:
Jim Cox, JLSC PropertiesSecretary:
Ted Kirchharr, Landrum CompaniesCounsel:
Kerry Ann Schultz, Fountain Schultz & AssociatesTrustees:
Will Clause, Southern Breeze One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating
Hillery Harris, Cox Communications
Ronnie Gilmore, Gilmore Services
Andrea Krieger, United Way of Escambia